The winter season is unpredictable. Ice, snow, high winds, and freezing temperatures can cause severe damage to your property and disrupt your business operations. Don’t be caught in the cold, review our preventive winter weather tips below to make sure your business is ready for this winter season.
1. REVIEW PROBLEMS FROM PAST WINTERS
· Learn, inspect, and fix your company’s past popular locations where winter problems have occurred.
· Monitor these locations all winter long.
2. Check The Plumbing
If your building’s pipes get too cold, they can freeze and burst causing a huge mess and headache for a business.
· Make sure all pipes are insulated.
· Check around your establishment for areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Monitor these lines during subzero temperatures.
· Winterize all outside faucets. Figure out if your outside faucets are frost-free. If they are not frost-free, you will need to turn off your outside faucet line and drain it out.
3. KEEP YOUR Heat turned UP
· Keep your interior temperatures above 55 degrees.
4. Check your HVAC system
It is important that your HVAC system is operating correctly so it does not cause a fire or stop working and freeze pipes.
· Check for cracks or issues in your heating systems.
· Double-check hoses and blowers for blocks or clogs.
· Replace air filters routinely.
· Respond to unusual sounds and odors.
· Calibrate thermostats.
· Empty condensation drain traps.
· Clean building air vents and monitor airflow.